Saturday, May 30, 2009

Welcome to Yu Studios


After I closed out my pottery studio and gallery in Winchester, VA 3 years ago, I haven't devoted my time to promote my pottery at all. It was a great experience during that 4 years. I worked extremely hard to make pots, teach classes, deal with 10 artists, do marketing, accounting....., everything. I had learned how to be a gallery owner to sell paintings, pottery, and artsy shoes, but it's SO hard to make living by selling arts. Then I got so sick and couldn't stand it any more. I have never regreted to spend all of my saving and energy to have that business because I would regret if I had never done it.


It's so excited to start promoting my pottery again. I have been selling my pottery at juried art shows in the past 3 years. In this way, I am able to design more art form pottery instead of just daily used pots. Except my own website: http://www.yustudios.com/, I also have a shop at Etsy: http://www.yustudios.etsy.com/.


Except pottery, I would like to share some my interests with everybody, e.g. wine, organic living, and travel. I am on twitter, http://twitter.com/yustudios. Welcome to talk to me there!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words. I have thought about trying to sell to wedding related businesses. I live near at least 2 and I've thought about going in but I'm a little scared. I need to get over it.

    Your pottery is beautiful! I took a ceramics class in college and now I have great respect for the art. It takes a lot more talent then one might expect to create what might seem like just a simple bowl!

    ReplyDelete